Republic of SRI LANKA
|Capital City:||Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte|
|Continent, geographical location :||Asia – South AsiaSri Lanka is an island surrounded by the Indian Ocean, the Gulf of Mannar, the Palk Strait, andlies in the vicinity of India and the Maldives.|
|Area :||65,610 sq km|
|Official Language:||Sinhala and Tamil|
|Religion :||Buddhist 69.1%, Muslim 7.6%, Hindu 7.1%, Christian 6.2%, unspecified 10%|
|Currency :||Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR) – Rf|
|Time difference from India :||Sri Lanka and India falls in the same time zone, hence no time difference.|
|ISD code :||+ 94 and phone number|
|Government :||Unitary republic Democratic Socialist Semi-presidential system▪ President – Mahinda Rajapaksa▪ Prime Minister – D. M. Jayaratne|
|Independence Day / National Day :||4th February is celebrated as Independence Day|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan Tamil Thai Pongal Day/New Year’s Day/ Duruthu Full Moon Poya Day▪ 5 Feb Milad un-Nabi (Birth of the Prophet)▪ 6 Apr Good Friday▪ 28 Apr Vesak (Buddha Day)▪ 1 May May Day▪ 19 Aug Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan)▪ 1 Sep Binara Full Moon Poya Day▪ 1 Oct Vap Full Moon Poya Day▪ 26 Oct Eid al-Adha (Hadji Festival Day)▪ 13 Nov Deepavali▪ 1 Dec Unduvap Full Moon Poya Day
▪ 25 Dec Christmas Day
Additional holidays may be observed regionally.
|Known for :||Top quality tea, golden beaches, gemstones|
|National Landmark :||Sigiriya Fortress|
|National Airline with Code :||SriLankan Airlines (UL)|
|National Flower :||Nil Mahanel Water Lily (Nympheae Stellata)|
|National Animal / Bird :||Sri Lanka Jungle fowl|
|Main Trade :||Textiles and clothing, tea, spices, rice, sugarcane, precious stones (including diamonds),coconut products and fish.|
Custom Rules :
• 2 bottles of wine
• 1.5L of spirits
• 250 ml of Eau de Toilette
• Small quantity of perfume
• Gifts and souvenirs not exceeding value of US$250
• Anti-religion materials
• Indian and Pakistani currency
• Pets – import required obtainable from nearest Embassy or Mission
• Weaponry and ammunition – with permission only. Contact the nearest embassy for more details.
• Cultural artifact
• Plants, animals any part thereof and foodstuff. For more details please contact nearest Embassy
• Medicines, for personal use only, in original packaging and accompanied by the prescription and doctor’s note.
• Currency – any local or foreign currency exceeding equivalent of US $15,000 needs to be declared, local currency (Sri Lanka Rupee) up to 5,000.
1N NEGOMBO – 2N KANDY – 1N NUWARA ELIYA – 1N BEACH – 1N COLOMBO
NEGOMBO – ARRIVAL
Arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport. Welcome by a representative, transfer to beach hotel in Negombo. Day at leisure in Negombo. Overnight stay at Hotel in Negombo.
Those reaching in the evening flight will be transferred to hotel for over night stay. (Dinner on board)
NEGOMBO – PINNAWELA – KANDY
Breakfast at hotel. Proceed to visit the elephant orphanage in Pinnawela. See the elephants in nature, being fed, working & bathing in the near by river. Visit a spice garden to see different spices and how some of these spices are grown and leave for Kandy which was the last kingdom of Sri Lanka, and the hill capital. Kandy is also the venue for annual perehera, a pagent with over 150 elephants, dance troops, etc., parading the city. Visit the temple of the tooth relic, lake, upper lake, Kandy market area. In the evening witness a cultural dance show featuring traditional sri Lankan dances including fire dancing. Over night stay in, Kandy.(B/L/D)
KANDY – DAMBULLA – SIGIRIYA – MATALE – KANDY
After breakfast make a day excursion to Dambulla, Matale & Sigiriya. Proceed to climb the 5th century Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is a world heritage site, built by King Kashyapa (477-495 AD). It’s also known as the Lion Rock, because of the large sculpture of a Lion, at the entrance to the rock fortress. Visit Dambulla rock temple built by King Wlagambahu, in the 1st Century B.C. it is a world heritage site, and the most impressive of Sri Lanka’s cave temples. The complex of five cave caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and ceilings is the largest area of paintings found in the world. It contains 150 images of the Buddha of which the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock and spanning 14 meters. En route at Matale visit a Hindu temple, a batik factory and a spice garden. See how the different spices grown and processed in Sri Lanka. In the evening return to Kandy for vernight stay. (B/L/D)
KANDY – NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast visit royal botanical gardens in Peradeniya and proceed to Nuwara eliya, known as “Little England” of Sri Lanka. En route see the mountains covered with tea bushes and cascading waterfalls. The town is set against a beautiful backdrop of mountains, valleys, waterfalls and tea gardens. Nuwara eliya is one of the coldest places in the island, with a weather of almost like a spring day in England. The tempreture will drop at night and taking a warm Jercy is recommended. Visit a tea factory and a plantation to see the tea manufacturing process. Enjoy a freshly brewed cup of “Ceylon Tea”. Later make a city tour of Nuwara eliya. Overnight stay in Nuwara eliya.(B/L/D)
NUWARA ELIYA – BEACH
After breakfast leave South west beach resort. Travel through a beautiful landscape & see the widest waterfall of Sri Lanka, “St. Clair’s”. Enjoy the rich nature. Make a stop at the Tea Kiosk passing the “Devon” waterfall. Drive through Kithulgala where the Oscar winning movie “Bridge on the River Kwai” was filmed. Make a visit to a rubber plantation. See the rubber manufacturing process. Overnight stay in Beach hotel (B/L/D)
BEACH – COLOMBO
After breakfast relax by the beach and leave for Colombo. Make a sightseeing tour of Colombo. Visit a Buddhist Temple, a Hindu Temple, Pettah, Colonial era remainings, Fort, Galle Face Green, Independence Square,BMICH, replica of the tallest standing Buddah state at Aukana, etc. Discover the city & explore the shopping malls, such as House of Fashion, Odel, Arena, etc. Evening at leisure. Night life lovers can explore the city’s night life options. Overnight stay in Colombo. (B/L/D)
COLOMBO – AIRPORT – HOMETOWN
After breakfast at leisure and thereafter transfer to airport for Hometown flight.(B)
Visit to a Traditional Ayurveda Massage or a SPA in Kandy
White water rafting in River Kelani, Sri Lanka’s 2nd longest at Kitulgala
Boat trip in Madu River in Bentota, to see Village life & Birds
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||USD STANDARD||USD FIRST||USD SUPERIOR||USD DELUXE|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||$ 750||$ 950||$ 1075||$ 1235|
|Child with Bed||$ 475||$ 475||$ 540||$ 620|
|Infants 0-23 Months||$ 225||$ 285||$ 325||$ 370|
|Single Traveller||$ 1010||$ 1380||$ 1550||$ 1760|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME STANDARD||HOTEL NAME FIRST||HOTEL NAME SUPERIOR||HOTEL NAME DELUXE|
|Colombo||Sovereign Hotel||Ramada Hotel||Galadari Hotel||Cinnamon Grand Hotel|
|Kandy||Swiss Resideance Hotel||Serene Grand Hotel||Mahaweli Reach Hotel||Earl’s Regency Hotel|
|Nuwara eliya||Windsor Hotel||Jetwing St. Andrews||Grand Hotel||Heritance Tea Factory|
|South-West Beach||Induruwa Beach Hotel||The Palms/Tangerine Beach Hotel||Eden Resort & Spa||Heritance Ahungalle|
|Negombo||Camelot Beach Hotel||Club Dolphin||Club Dolphin||Jetwing Beach|
- 06 Nights Accomodation
- Meeting at the airport upon arrival and assistance during the stay
- Private transport in Air con car / coach
- Bottle of Mineral water on arrival
- Service of English Speaking Guide (Tamil, Malay, Chinese speaking guides on request, supplements may apply)
- Accommodation in mentioned hotels or in similar in air condition rooms
- Meals as per itinerary
- Airfare and taxes. Visa & Insurance fees.
- Any meals other than specified above.
- Any sightseeing other than mentioned above.
- Any item of personal nature like mini-bar, portage, tips, laundry, telephone calls etc.
- All entrance fees and excursions not mentioned above.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Entrance Fees at places of interest.
- Rock Fortress in Sigiriya – USD 30 per person
- Rock Cave Temple in Dambulla – USD 10 per person
- Temple of Tooth Relic in Kandy – USD 10 per person
- Royal Botanical Gardens in kandy – USD 10 per person
- Cultural Dance Program in Kandy – USD 5 per person
- Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawela – USD 20 per person
- 1USD = 58.
- All rates are based on minimum 2Pax traveling together at all tours.
- Child age 2-9 years.
- Above 9 years is considered as an adult.
- All rates and availability are subject to change at the time of booking.
- Hotel Check in 4pm & Check out 11am, Breakfast time: 6:30 Am to 9:30 Am
- Early check in and late check-out subject to availability.
- Breakfast As provided by Hotel, Dinner Indian / International (Set Menu at Restaurant or Delivery at Hotel if the hotel is away from Restaurant). Dinners are pre-arranged and will not be change or refunded for missing any meals.
- Dinner provided will be a 3 course meal (1 appetizer, 1 Entrée, 1 Dessert).
- Any Additional menu must be paid by clients
- Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs. Surcharge may be applicable.
- We reserve the right to use alternative accommodation, sightseeing tours and transfer of equal or higher standers.
- No refunds either in part or full will be made for any unused services in above package like ground transportation, meals, accommodation, sightseeing tours.
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- We are not responsible for any missed breakfast due to flight timings.
- No Intercity surface transfers are included unless specified in the package.
- We are not responsible for any baggage charges by any airlines for the clients.
- Payment for the tour must be made as per the invoice & payment terms & conditions
Itinerary : SRILANKA SCENIC BEAUTY 7 DAYS