Republic of SRI LANKA
|Capital City:||Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte|
|Continent, geographical location :||Asia – South AsiaSri Lanka is an island surrounded by the Indian Ocean, the Gulf of Mannar, the Palk Strait, andlies in the vicinity of India and the Maldives.|
|Area :||65,610 sq km|
|Official Language:||Sinhala and Tamil|
|Religion :||Buddhist 69.1%, Muslim 7.6%, Hindu 7.1%, Christian 6.2%, unspecified 10%|
|Currency :||Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR) – Rf|
|Time difference from India :||Sri Lanka and India falls in the same time zone, hence no time difference.|
|ISD code :||+ 94 and phone number|
|Government :||Unitary republic Democratic Socialist Semi-presidential system▪ President – Mahinda Rajapaksa▪ Prime Minister – D. M. Jayaratne|
|Independence Day / National Day :||4th February is celebrated as Independence Day|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan Tamil Thai Pongal Day/New Year’s Day/ Duruthu Full Moon Poya Day▪ 5 Feb Milad un-Nabi (Birth of the Prophet)▪ 6 Apr Good Friday▪ 28 Apr Vesak (Buddha Day)▪ 1 May May Day▪ 19 Aug Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan)▪ 1 Sep Binara Full Moon Poya Day▪ 1 Oct Vap Full Moon Poya Day▪ 26 Oct Eid al-Adha (Hadji Festival Day)▪ 13 Nov Deepavali▪ 1 Dec Unduvap Full Moon Poya Day▪ 25 Dec Christmas DayAdditional holidays may be observed regionally.|
|Known for :||Top quality tea, golden beaches, gemstones|
|National Landmark :||Sigiriya Fortress|
|National Airline with Code :||SriLankan Airlines (UL)|
|National Flower :||Nil Mahanel Water Lily (Nympheae Stellata)|
|National Animal / Bird :||Sri Lanka Jungle fowl|
|Main Trade :||Textiles and clothing, tea, spices, rice, sugarcane, precious stones (including diamonds),coconut products and fish.|
Custom Rules :
• 2 bottles of wine
• 1.5L of spirits
• 250 ml of Eau de Toilette
• Small quantity of perfume
• Gifts and souvenirs not exceeding value of US$250
• Anti-religion materials
• Indian and Pakistani currency
• Pets – import required obtainable from nearest Embassy or Mission
• Weaponry and ammunition – with permission only. Contact the nearest embassy for more details.
• Cultural artifact
• Plants, animals any part thereof and foodstuff. For more details please contact nearest Embassy
• Medicines, for personal use only, in original packaging and accompanied by the prescription and doctor’s note.
• Currency – any local or foreign currency exceeding equivalent of US $15,000 needs to be declared, local currency (Sri Lanka Rupee) up to 5,000.
1N Negombo – 1N Cultural Tringle – 2N Kandy
AIRPORT – NEGOMBO
Arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport. Welcome by a Sunway Holidays representative, transfer to beach hotel in Negombo. Day at leisure in Negombo. Overnight stay at Hotel in Negombo.
Those arriving in the evening flight will be transferred to hotel for dinner and over night stay.
PINNAWELA – SIGIRIYA
Breakfast at hotel. Proceed to visit the elephant orphanage in Pinnawela. See the elephants in nature, being fed, working & bathing in the near by river. Late afternoon climb the 5th century Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is a world heritage site, built by King Kashyapa (477-495 AD). It’s also known as the Lion Rock, because of the large sculpture of a Lion, at the entrance to the rock fortress. Overnight stay in Cultural Triangle Area.
DAMBULLA – MATALE – KANDY
Breakfast at hotel. Visit Dambulla rock temple built by King Wlagambahu, in the 1st Century B.C. it is a world heritage site, and the most impressive of Sri Lanka’s cave temples. The complex of five cave caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and ceilings is the largest area of paintings found in the world. It contains 150 images of the Buddha of which the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock and spanning 14 meters. Leave for Kandy. En route at Matale visit a Hindu temple, a batik factory and a spice garden. See how the different spices grown and processed in Sri Lanka. Overnight stay in Kandy.
After breakfast make a sight seeing tour of Kandy. Kandy was the last kingdom of Sri Lanka, and the hill capital. Kandy is also the venue for annual perehera, a pagent with over 150 elephants, dance troops, etc., parading the city. Visit the temple of the tooth relic, lake, upper lake, Kandy Market area. In the evening witness a cultural dance show featuring traditional Sri Lankan dances including fire dancing. Overnight stay in Kandy.
KANDY – COLOMBO – AIRPORT
After breakfast visit royal botanical gardens in Peradeniya and proceed to Colombo. Make a sightseeing tour of Colombo. Visit a Buddhist Temple, a Hindu Temple, Pettah, Colonial era remainings, Fort, Galle Face Green, Independence Square, BMICH, replica of the tallest standing Buddah state at Aukana, etc. Discover the city & explore the shopping malls, such as House of Fashion, Odel, Arena, etc. Later transfer to airport for onward flight.
Elephant back safari in the village at Habarana
Visit to a Traditional Ayurveda Massage or a SPA in Habarana
White water rafting in River Kelani, Sri Lanka’s 2nd longest at Kitulgala
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||USD STANDARD||USD FIRST||USD SUPERIOR||USD DELUXE|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||$ 510||$ 600||$ 715||$ 870|
|Child with Bed||$ 255||$ 300||$ 355||$ 440|
|Infants 0-23 Months||$ 155||$ 180||$ 215||$ 260|
|Single Traveller||$ 685||$ 850||$ 1010||$ 1225|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME|
|Colombo||Sovereign Hotel||Ramada Hotel||Galadari Hotel||Cinnamon Grand Hotel|
|Cultural Triangle||Palwehera Village Hotel||Sorowwa Resort & Spa||Green Paradise Hotel||Heritance Kandalama|
|Kandy||Swiss Resideance Hotel||Serene Grand Hotel||Mahaweli Reach Hotel||Earl’s Regency Hotel|
|Nuwara eliya||Windsor Hotel||Jetwing St. Andrews||Grand Hotel||Heritance Tea Factory|
|Yala-Kataragama||Hibiscus Garden Hotel||Mandara Rosen||Mandara Rosen||Yala Village|
|South-West Beach||Induruwa Beach Hotel||The Palms/Tangerine Beach Hotel||Eden Resort & Spa||Heritance Ahungalle|
|Negombo||Camelot Beach Hotel||Club Dolphin||Club Dolphin||Jetwing Beach|
- Meeting at the airport upon arrival and assistance during the stay
- Private transport in A/C car / coach
- Bottle of Mineral water on arrival
- Service of English Speaking Guide (Tamil, Malay, Chinese speaking guides on request, supplements may apply)
- Accommodation in mentioned hotels or in similar in air condition rooms
- Meal Plan on full board as mentioned
- Snacks and beverages
- Extras of personal nature.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Extra services other than those specified.
- Entrance Fees at places of interest.
- 1 USD = INR 58.
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable
- Kindly note that drivers are not guides.
- For security deposit, credit card copy is needed at the time of hotel check in The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- Alternate room category, hotels and air bookings may attract extra cost
- Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs.
- Surcharge may be applicable
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability Itineraries are subject to change
Itinerary : SRILANKA HERITAGE 05 Days