|Location :||Between China in North and India in East, West and South.|
|Latitude/ Longitude :||26° 22’ and 30° 27’ North. / 80° 4’ and 88° 12’ East.|
|Area :||147,181 Sq. Km. (800 Km in length and 200 Km in width approx.)|
|Population :||2.6 million|
|Per Capita Income :||US $ 255|
|People & Language :||
About 60 ethnic groups, Most of them having their own and distinct cultures, traditions and languages. At least 49 mother tongues identified. Nepali is the national language. English is widely spoken and understood in the tourism sector.
|Currency :||Nepalese Rupee (US $ 1= Rs.74 approx)|
80.62% Hindus, 10.74% Buddhists, 4.20% Muslims and rest Kirants, Jains and Christians living harmoniously.
Winter: Dec-Feb. Summer: June-Aug Spring: Mar-May Autumn: Sep-Nov. Though Nepal can be visited throughout the year the best time is from mid-September to June.
|Nepal Standard Time:||5 hours and 45 minutes ahead of GMT.|
Nepal has always been a special place for various people in various ways. For some it is the country of brave Gurkhas, for some it is the birth place of Lord Buddha, the light of Asia, for some it is the place to touch the highest peaks in the world, for some it is the place to experiment with various spiritual practices, for some it is the country of temples, art and culture. In whatever way people love Nepal, it is one of the most exciting destinations for all who love traveling. One of the most appropriate statements to describe Nepal may be: “Nepal is poor only in terms of economy.” It is probably the richest country in terms of its natural beauty, bio-diversity, cultures and traditions, art and architectures. Above all, the honest and ever welcoming people are well known in the world. A long time Kathmandu resident and the author of ‘Renaissance man’, Desmond Doig has rightly remarked about the cultures of Nepal-“Rich enough to consume several lifetimes.” A single life is just not enough to taste the beauty and to understand the cultures of Nepal. Nepal remains one of the few countries having such a vast and complex cultures. Many of the people from around the world come here just to see the highest peaks in the world and eventually, get equally interested in various things other than mountains of which they may never have thought of. Nepal is in a way a living museum. Nepal may be the best place to see the lifestyle and the society as depicted in the literature works of Shakespeare.
Some Interesting Facts
* There are 6500 known species of trees, shrubs and wild-flowers in Nepal. * Out of the total 14 peaks in the world with the altitude exceeding 8,000 meters, 8 of them including Mount Everest (8,850 meters) the highest peak in the world also lie here in Nepal. * Only Hindu kingdom in the world. People worship 33 hundred millions of Gods within Hindu religion without disrespecting any each other. The number of Gods is about 13 times the current population of the country! * Birth place of Gautam Buddha, Lumbini lies here in Nepal. * It is home to 2% of all flowering plants in the world, 8% (848 species) of the total birds in the world, 4% of mammals on earth, 11 of 15 butterfly families found in the world (500 species), 600 indigenous plant families and 319 exotic species of orchids. * It holds the pride of being one of the handful countries in the world which has always maintained independent sovereignty, free from being the colony of any other nation. * Nepalese hospitality is best known in the world for the smiling faces, warm greetings and honesty. * Not only the highest peak but the deepest gorge in the world, Dana with the depth of 1400 meters also lies here in Nepal. * The excitement of diving on the highest bungee jump in the world can also be enjoyed here. * Kathmandu valley has got seven world heritages within the distance of only 20 kilometers. * Tilijo tal in Manang district is the lake situated at the highest elevation in the world.
2N Katmandu-2N Chitwan-2N Pokhara-1N Katmandu
Arrive Katmandu Arrive at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and proceed for your pick up and transfer to the hotel.Overnight in Katmandu.
Katmandu-Bhaktapur City Sightseeing Today proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Bhaktapur city and rest of the day is free for shopping / relaxation.Overnight in Katmandu.(B)
Katmandu-Chitwan (Approx 6 hrs drive) Today drive to Chitwan.Chitwan is one of Asia’s premier wildlife reserves. It is home to a wide variety of mammals and birds, including several endangered species On the way visit Manakamana temple by cable car – Goddess of Wishes.Overnight in Chitwan.(B)
Chitwan National Park You have the entire day to explore and take part in a number of jungle activities.Try canoeing on a traditional dugout canoe which takes you on a trip down the River Rapti to view birds, crocodiles and animals of the riverbanks.Visit elephant breeding centre. Then back to Resort for lunch and relaxation. In the afternoon enjoy elephant back safari to explore the jungle and wildlife animals then back to the Resort. Evening enjoy Tharu Stick Dance and dinner.Overnight in Chitwan.(B,L,D)
Chitwan-Pokhara (Approx 5 hrs drive) Today proceed to Pokhara. Pokhara offers the best mountain scenery in Nepal.Overnight in Pokhara.(B)
Pokhara-City Tour Early Morning proceed to the village of Sarangkot for a Sunrise View and enjoy spectacular views of Annapurna Mountain Range from Sarangkot View point. Later proceed for half day sightseeing of Pokhara visiting David’s fall, Bindabashini temple, Seti Gorge and Tibetan Refugee camp . Afternoon one hour Boat ride at Phewa Lake. Overnight in Pokhara.(B)
Pokhara-Katmandu (Approx 7 hrs drive) After an early breakfast drive back to Katmandu.On arrival, check in to your hotel.Rest of the day at leisure.Overnight in Katmandu.(B)
Katmandu – Hometown Today proceed to Katmandu airport to board the flight for your next destination or your hometown with lots of memories to cherish for a life time.(B) Tour Concludes!
Price / Inclusion
HOTEL NAME STANDARD
HOTEL NAME FIRST
HOTEL NAME SUPERIOR KATMANDU
HOTEL MANANG/LANDMARKMOUNTAIN OR SIMILAR
HOTEL VAISHALI/THE GRAND HOTEL OR SIMILAR
HOTEL SOALTEE CROWN PLAZA/YAK & YETI/HOTEL EVEREST OR SIMILAR CHITWAN
GREEN RESORTS SAURAHA
GREEN RESORTS SAURAHA
GREEN RESORTS SAURAHA POKHARA
HOTEL BASE CAMP RESORT/HOTEL FAIRMONT OR SIMILAR
HOTEL GRANDE OR SIMILAR
FISHTAIL LODGE OR SIMILAR
- 03 nights accommodation in Katmandu, 02 nights in Pokhara and 02 nights in Chitwan in Standard rooms at suggested or similar hotels
- Meals: Breakfast as per the itinerary above
- All Meals during stay in Chitwan All transfer pick ups and sightseeings as per the itinerary by non A/C vehicle (Private Van)
- Jungle Activities in Green Mansions Reosrt in Chitwan include Elephant Safari,Canoe Ride,Elephant Breeding Center,Bird Watching,Village Visit,Ethnic Tharu Stick Dance
- English Speaking Guide in Katmandu
- Any Train Fares , Air Fares or Insurance Charges All meals other than those mentioned in the inclusions above.
- Expenses of personal nature like Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges, camera fee and items of personal nature.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the programme, any extra running will be charges extra
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay /Political disturbances/Strikes or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any other item not mentioned in the cost includes section
- GST 3.09% on total land cost
- Vehicle is not at disposal.
- Additional charges to be paid for extra sightseeing
- All tourists are required to carry valid passports or voting card.
- Children below 18 years need school/college identity card with photographs .
- Non submission of the above documents will result in denial of entry into Nepal
- Carrying Rs 500 & Rs 1000 notes are not allowed and is illegal in Nepal
- Itinerary is subject to change.
- The above given prices are subject to change without prior notice
- High season surcharges applicable.
- If the above hotels are not available similar category hotels are used.
- The hotel rooms are subject to availability
- The quotation is based on Standard room, however if unavailable then the upgrading cost to be borne by the guest Hotel check in is 1400hrs. and checkout would be 1000hrs.
- Early check-in and late check-out subject to availability
Itinerary : BEST OF NEPAL 8 Days / 7 Nights