|Continent, geographical location :||Europe – Part of United KingdomIt shares land borders with Scotland to the north and Wales to the west; the Irish Sea to thenorth west, the Celtic Sea to the south west, while the North Sea to the east and the EnglishChannel to the south separate it from continental Europe.|
|Area :||130,395 sq km|
|Religion :||Christian, Sikh, Jewish and Hindu minorities. Around 15% of the population have no religion.|
|Currency :||Pound Sterling (GBP) – £|
|Time difference from India :||England is 5:30 hrs. behind India. During daylight saving time (DST) behind by 4.30 hrs.DST begins on the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October at 1:00 am.|
|ISD code :||+ 44 and phone number|
|Government :||Constitutional monarchy▪ Head of the State : HM Queen Elizabeth II▪ Prime Minister : Gordon Brown|
|Independence Day / National Day :||—|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan New Year’s Day▪ 6 Apr Good Friday▪ 9 Apr Easter Monday▪ 31 Oct Halloween▪ 25 Dec Christmas Day▪ 26 Dec Boxing DayAdditional holidays may be observed regionally.|
|Known for :||William Shakespeare, Charlie Chaplin, Captain James Cook – Explorer, Sir Isaac Newton,Sir Winston Churchill, Professor Stephen Hawking – theoretical physicist & cosmologist,Princess Diana, David Beckham, Ian Douglas Wright – famous host of Globe trekker series,The Beatles, Red Buses, Howard Carter – Famous fro discovering Tutankhamun|
|National Landmark :||Big Ben, London Eye Ride, Stonehenge, Cambridge University, Windsor Castle, BuckinghamPalace, Tower of London|
|National Airline with Code :||British Airways (BA)|
|National Flower :||Tudor Rose|
|National Animal / Bird :||NA|
|Main Trade :||Engineering (especially of military products), Chemicals, Electronics, Construction and Textiles|
Custom Rules :
• Tobacco products for personal use – 200 cigarettes, or 100 cigarillos, or 50 cigars, or 250g of loose tobacco. As of December 1,
while allowances remain the same, you can make up your duty free allowance from a mixture of tobacco products. For example, 100 cigarettes, and 25 cigars would meet the tobacco limits.
• 4 litres of still table wine
• 1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22 per cent alcohol by volume, or 2 litres of fortified wine(such as port or sherry),sparkling wine or other liqueurs.( As with the change in tobacco allowances, you can now make up your alcohol allowance from a mix and match of alcohol products.
• 16 liters (or 28 imperial pints) of beer
• £300 worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs – rising to £340 after January 1, 2009
• The tobacco and alcohol allowances only apply if you are over 17 years old.
The following goods are banned completely regardless of which country you’re travelling from or having goods sent from.
• Illicit drugs
• Flick and gravity knives
• Self defence sprays such as pepper and CS gas sprays
• Stun guns
• Indecent and obscene material
• Counterfeit, pirated and patent-infringing goods
• Stopping imports of illegal weapons
The following are also banned but in certain cases may be brought into the UK if you have the relevant licence, permit or
• Firearms, explosives and ammunition
• Realistic imitation firearms
• Offensive weapons including swords with a curved blade exceeding 50cms in length
• Live animals
• Endangered animals or plants – see section below ‘souvenirs made from endangered species’
• Certain fur skins and articles made from fur skin
• Certain radio transmitters
• Rough diamonds
The following are also banned but in certain cases may be brought into the UK if they are not for commercial use:
• Fur skin of harp and hooded seals pups and products made from such fur
• Cat and dog fur and products made from such fur
• Finished goods of certain fur skins covered for personal and private use
• Note that this is not a full list, but it includes the most important examples. If you are unsure about what you can bring in, you should check by contacting the relevant helpline.
2N London – 1N Stratford Upon Avon – 1N Manchester – 2N Edinburgh – 2N Windermere
Arrival transfer at London Heathrow Airport to your hotel, Check in Hotel (1400hrs). Rest of the day free at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
LONDON – STRATFORD UPON AVON
Breakfast at Hotel. Make your own way to the meeting point for your Sights and Sounds of London Tour (SIC Basis) You will be seeing all the major sights, photo stop at Westminster Abbey and the changing of Guards at Buckingham Palace. The tour will last around 2 and a half hours. Later make your own way back to the Hotel and departure transfer to Train Station to connect to your train to Stratford upon Avon (Standard Class Train Ticket Included). Arrival transfer to your Hotel in Stratford upon Avon. Check into Hotel. Then you are free to explore this town which is the Birthplace of Shakespeare. Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast
STRATFORD UPON AVON – MANCHESTER
Breakfast at Hotel. This morning make your own way to the starting points of the tour of Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour. This bus will travel to all the Shakespearean Houses; Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Mary Arden’s House, New Place, Nash’s House and Hall’s Croft. We will also visit The Royal Shakespeare Theater where the Bard’s plays are performed for the majority of the year, and The Holy Trinity Church where Shakespeare is buried, protected by a cursed tombstone. We will take a look at the 15th Century Grammar School where Shakespeare was educated. You also get to enjoy a lovely tour through the scenic Warwickshire countryside, visiting Wilmcote, the village where Mary Arden’s House (Shakespeare’s mother) can be found. Later make your own way back to your Hotel and then departure transfer at 1400hrs to the train station to connect your train to Manchester City (Standard Class Train Ticket Included). Arrive and transfer to your Hotel. Check into Hotel. Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast
MANCHESTER – EDINBURGH
Breakfast at Hotel. Morning free in Manchester to explore this city on your own. Manchester is the home of great football, bold new architectural projects and the pivotal City of Britain’s Industrial Revolution, Manchester still retains a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Make your own way to see the Trafford Centre, paradise for shopaholics. See the world’s first railway terminus, find out the connection between the railways and the football teams, and visit the world’s first Urban Heritage Park. In the late afternoon you will be transferred to Manchester Train Station to connect to your train to Edinburgh in Scotland (Standard Class Train Ticket Included). Arrival transfer to your Hotel. Check into Hotel. Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast
Breakfast at Hotel. Make your own way to the meeting point for your Royal Edinburgh Tour – 2 days unlimited ticket with Edinburgh Bus Tours which includes admission to Edinburgh Castle, The Palace of Holyroodhouse and The Royal Yacht Britannia. It also includes 2 days unlimited travel on all our great Edinburgh Bus Tours. Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast
EDINBURGH – WINDERMERE (LAKE DISTRICT)
Breakfast at Hotel. You have the morning free to explore Edinburgh with your unlimited ticket and then in the late afternoon departure transfer to Edinburgh Train Station to connect your train to Lake District (Windermere) (Standard Class Train Ticket Included). Upon arrival transfer to your Hotel in Windermere. Overnight at Hotel.
Breakfast at Hotel, day free at leisure. Overnight at Hotel Breakfast
WINDERMERE – LONDON
Breakfast at Hotel. In the morning departure transfer to Windermere Train Station to connect to your train to London (Standard Class Train Ticket Included). Upon arrival transfer to your Hotel in London. Check into Hotel by 1400hrs. Rest of the afternoon free at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
LONDON – DEPARTURE
Breakfast at Hotel. Check out of the hotel and depart to the airport
Price / Inclusion
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME|
|London||Central Park Hotel or similar||Holiday Inn Kensington or similar|
|Stratford||Lergacy Falcon Hotel or similar||Thistle Stratford or similar|
|Manchester||Britannia Manchester or similar||Thistle Manchester or similar|
|Edinburgh||Express by Holiday Inn City Centre or similar||Apex European or similar|
|Windemere||The Old England or similar||Low Wood Hotel or similar|
- 8 Nights Accommodation
- Continental Breakfast Daily
- Return Train Station or Airport Transfers in all cities
- Train Travel from London – Stratford upon Avon – Manchester – Edinburgh
- Train Travel from Edinburgh – Windermere – London
- Sightseeing Tours on Seat In Coach Tours as mentioned in program
- Visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy
- Any personal expenses such as tips, drinks, phone calls, laundry etc
- Any increase in land arrangements Any other cost which is not included in the above “Package Inclusions”.
- 1 GBP = INR 85.
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable.
- Kindly note that drivers are not guides For security deposit, credit card copy is needed at the time of hotel check in. The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time.
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- Alternate room category, hotels and air bookings may attract extra cost.
- Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs.
- Surcharge may be applicable.
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability.
- Itineraries are subject to change.
DISCOVER UNITED KINGDOM – 09 Days / 08 Nights