|Continent, geographical location :||Europe – Western Europeit is bordered by Germany to the north, France to the west, Italy to the south, and Austria andLiechtenstein to the east.|
|Area :||41,285 sq km|
|Official Language:||German 64% in central & eastern, French 20% in the west, Italian 7% in the south. Romansch 1%|
|Religion :||Roman Catholic 48%, Protestant 44%, others 8%|
|Currency :||Swiss Franc (CHF)|
|Time difference from India :||Behind by 4.30 hrs. During daylight saving time (DST) behind by 3.30 hrs.DST begins on the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October at 1:00 am.|
|ISD code :||+ 41 and phone number|
|Government :||Federal republic, with directorial system and direct democracy▪ Federal Chancellor : Corina Casanova|
|Independence Day / National Day :||1st August – Celebrated as National day, Alliance against the Holy Roman Empire in 1291.|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan New Year’s Day (All)▪ 6 Apr Good Friday (Most regions)▪ 8 Apr Easter Day (All)▪ 9 Apr Easter Monday (Most regions)▪ 17 May Ascension Day (All)▪ 27 May Pentecost (All)▪ 28 May Whit Monday (Most regions)▪ 15 Aug Assumption of Mary (Many regions)▪ 16 Sep Swiss federal fast (Most regions)▪ 25 Dec Christmas Day (All)▪ 26 Dec St. Stephen’s Day (Most regions)▪ 31 Dec New Year’s Eve (All)Additional holidays may be observed regionally.|
|Known for :||Red Cross, Swiss Banks, Swiss Watches (Omega speedmaster, rolax etc.), Swiss Chocolates,Headquarters of UN, WTO, WHO|
|National Landmark :||Mt. Titlis, Jungfraujoch, Geneva Floral Clock|
|National Airline with Code :||Swiss Air (LX)|
|National Flower :||Edelweiss|
|National Animal / Bird :||—|
|Main Trade :||Chocolate, watches, Pharmaceuticals, Machinery, Metals, Chemicals and Agricultural products|
Custom Rules :
Alcohol and alcoholic beverages
Over 17 years olds can bring (in personal luggage) the following quantities:
• 1 litre of alcohol that does not exceed 22% volume of alcohol, or un-denatured ethyl alcohol 80% volume and over
• 2 litres of alcohol that does not exceeds 22% volume of alcohol
• 4 litres of still wine
• 16 litres of beer.
• The passengers can combine the first two types of alcohol as long the alcohol volume does not exceed 100%.Over 17 years old that belong to the following categories:
• persons residing in the frontier zone (region beyond the expanding borders of the European Union including: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro)
• Frontier-zone workers,
• The crews of means of transport used between third countries and the Community, may bring (in your personal luggage)alcohol in the following quantities:
• 0,5 litre of alcohol exceeding 22% volume, or un-denatured ethyl alcohol of 80% volume and over A total of 0,5 litre of alcohol and alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength not exceeding 22% volume
• 0,5 litre of still wine
• 2 litres of beer.
• The passengers can combine the first two types of alcohol as long the alcohol volume does not exceed 100%.
• Note that the consideration of what constitutes frontier countries lies entirely with EU and the list outlined above may change.
• When travelling by air or sea , over 17 years old can bring tobacco products for personal use only the following:
• 200 cigarettes or
• 100 cigarillos or
• 50 cigars or
• 250 g of smoking tobacco.
• Each amount specified in above points will amount to 100% of the total allowance for tobacco products.
• When travelling by land, over 17 years old can bring tobacco products for personal use only the following:
• 40 cigarettes or
• 20 cigarillos or
• 10 cigars or
• 50 grams of smoking tobacco.
• Each amount specified in all the points will amount to 100% of the total allowance for tobacco products.
1N Geneva – 2N Interlaken – 2N Lucerne – 1N Zurich
Arrive at Geneva airport and proceed to your hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Geneva. Optional: You can enjoy city tour of Geneva offering a view of the United Nations buildings and International organisations, a panoramic driveand a ride on the mini-train at an additional cost
Geneva – Interlaken (Approx 2 hrs 50 mins)
Today morning proceed to board your train to Interlaken. Arrive at Interlaken and proceed to your hotel. Rest of the day free for relaxation. Overnight in Interlaken. (B)
Interlaken – Mt Jungfraujoch – Interlaken
Today proceed to the station to board the train to Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen. The famous Jungfrau railway takes you to the highest station in Europe (journey time approx. 1 hr). Be ready to get mesmerized by the captivating beauty of the snow clad peaks of Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe (3’454 m/11’333 ft). Return to Interlaken.Overnight in Interlaken.(B)
Interlaken – Lucerne (Approx 2 hrs)
Today morning board the train for Lucerne. Arrive at Lucerne and proceed to your hotel.Rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Lucerne. (B) Optional: One can enjoy a guided walking tour to visit the discover local sights or one can enjoy boatride on Lake Lucerne at an additional cost
Lucerne- Mt Titlis – Lucerne
Today proceed to Engelberg by train and experience the world’s first revolving cable car – Titlist Rotair Gondola to reach Mt Titlis. Overnight in Lucerne. (B) Optional: One can enjoy various activities on Mt Titlis like Ice Flyer and Glacier Park at an additional cost
Lucerne – Zurich (Approx 1 hr)
Today board the train for Zürich. Arrive at Zurich and proceed to your hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore Zurich on your own. Overnight in Zurich. (B) Optional: One can enjoy Zurich city tour or Zurich city tour with Zurich trolley experience or trip to Rhine falls at an additional cost
Zurich – Hometown
Today proceed to airport to board the flight for your next destination or your hometown with lots of memories to cherish for a life time. (B)
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||EURO STANDARD||EURO FIRST||EURO SUPERIOR|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||€1215||€1445||€2000|
|Child with Bed||€730||€870||€1200|
|Infants 0-23 Months||€425||€505||€700|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME|
|Geneva||Best Western Stra/ Astoria or Similar||Cornavin/Warwick/Noveotel or Similar||Swissotel Metropole or Similar|
|Interlaken||City Oberland/Park Mattenhof or Similar||Metropole/Krebs/Du Nord or Similar||Linder Grand Beau Rivage or Similar|
|Lucerne||Waldstaetterhof/Drie Konige or Similar||Continental Park/Flora/Monopol or Similar||Schweizerhof/Palace/Grand National or Similar|
|Zurich||Best Western Montana/Krone-4* or Similar||Leonardo Hotel Rigihof /Senator or Similar||Alden Spluegenschloss/Marriot or similar|
- 06 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at suggested or similar hotels
- Swiss Saver Flexi Pass 6 days in 1 month (second class)
- Excursion coupons for Titlis & Jungfrau in Conjunction with Swiss Pass
- Airfares and Taxes
- All Optional Tours
- Visa & Insurance fees
- Any other meals other than specified above
- Any other sightseeing other than mentioned above
- Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls etc.
- All entrance fees and excursions not mentioned above
- 1 EURO = INR 70.
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable
- Approx Eco Airfare Per Person Ex Mumbai Rs 38,000 ;Ex-Delhi Rs.38,500 on Swiss Air ;Ex Bangalore Rs.47,000,Ex Hyderabad Rs.48,000 on Lufthansa ; Ex Ahmadabad Rs. 42,000 ;Ex Kolkata Rs 40,000 on Emirates
- For security deposit, credit card copy is needed at the time of hotel check in.
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time.
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services are subject to availability.
- Alternate room category, hotels and air bookings may attract extra cost.
- Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs.
- Surcharge may be applicable
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late checkout subject to availability.
- Itineraries are subject to change.
Itinerary : SWISS DELIGHT 7 Days