|Continent, geographical location :||Europe – Northern EuropeIt shares a border with England to the south and is bounded by the North Sea to the east, theAtlantic Ocean to the north and west, and the North Channel and Irish Sea to the southwest.|
|Area :||78,387 Sq Km|
|Religion :||Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist) 71.6%, Muslim 2.7%, Hindu 1%,other 1.6%, unspecified or none 23.1%|
|Currency :||Sterling Pound (GBP) – £|
|Time difference from India :||Scotland is 5:30 hrs. behind India. During daylight saving time (DST) behind by 4:30 hrs.DST begins on the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October at 1:00 am.|
|ISD code :||+ 44 and phone number|
|Government :||Devolved government within a constitutional monarchy▪ Monarch : Elizabeth II▪ Prime Minister : Alex Salmond MSP|
|Independence Day / National Day :||—|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan New Year’s Day▪ 2 Jan 2nd January▪ 6 Apr Good Friday▪ 7 May Early May Bank Holiday▪ 4 Jun Spring Bank Holiday▪ 5 Jun Queen’s Diamond Jubilee▪ 6 Aug Summer Bank Holiday▪ 30 Nov St Andrew’s Day▪ 25 Dec Christmas Day▪ 26 Dec Boxing DayAdditional holidays may be observed regionally.|
|Known for :||Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – Creater of a fictional detective Sherlock Holms, Bagpipes, ScotchWhisky, John Logie Baird – inventor of Television, Alexander Graham Bell – Inventor ofTelephone, The Kilt (skirt) – a traditional knee-length garment of men.|
|National Landmark :||Edinburgh Castle|
|National Airline with Code :||—|
|National Flower :||Thistle (Cirsium Altissimum)|
|National Animal / Bird :||Golden Eagle|
|Main Trade :||Engineering (especially of military products), Chemicals, Electronics, Construction and Textiles|
Custom Rules :
The following goods are banned completely regardless of which country you’re travelling from or having goods sent from.
• Illicit drugs
• Flick and gravity knives
• Self defence sprays such as pepper and CS gas sprays
• Stun guns
• Indecent and obscene material
• Counterfeit, pirated and patent-infringing goods
• Stopping imports of illegal weapons
The following are also banned but in certain cases may be brought into the UK if you have the relevant licence, permit or defence:
• Firearms, explosives and ammunition
• Realistic imitation firearms
• Offensive weapons including swords with a curved blade exceeding 50cms in length
• Live animals
• Endangered animals or plants – see section below ‘souvenirs made from endangered species’
• Certain fur skins and articles made from fur skin
• Certain radio transmitters
• Rough diamonds
The following are also banned but in certain cases may be brought into the UK if they are not for commercial use:
• Fur skin of harp and hooded seals pups and products made from such fur
• Cat and dog fur and products made from such fur
• Finished goods of certain fur skins covered for personal and private use.
2N Edinburgh – 2N Inverness – 1N Glasgow
Arrive at Edinburgh Airport and proceed to your hotel. Evening is at leisure to explore the city known for its castle on your own. Overnight in Edinburgh.
Optional: You can enjoy an evening walking tour of Edinburg’s Old Town on the “The Witchery Ghosts & Gore Tour, helping you to discover this great city’s macabre past in a light hearted way at an additional cost.
Edinburgh – Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Tour
Today proceed to enjoy your trip to Glencoe known for its stunningly beautiful, dramatic cliff faces and steep slopes. Later proceed to Loch Ness and Pitlochry. Head back to Edinburgh crossing the famous Forth Bridge. Overnight in Edinburgh. (B)
Edinburgh – Inverness (Approx 4 hrs)
Proceed to station to board the train for Inverness, nesteled on the river Ness. Arrive at Inverness and proceed to your hotel. Evening is at leisure.Overnight in Inverness. (B)
Today you have the entire day at leisure to explore this beautiful town on your own. Overnight at Inverness. (B) Optional: You can enjoy a Historical Walking tour of Inverness, through heart of the city at an additional cost
Inverness – Glasgow (Approx 3 hrs 30 min)
Proceed to station to board the train for Glasgow. Arrive at Glasgow and proceed to your hotel Overnight at Glasgow. (B) Optional: You can enjoy a Hop on Hop off Tour of Glasgow to explore excellent museums, art galleries and beautiful parks, as there is something for all ages in this exciting Scottish City at an additional cost.
Glasgow – Hometown
Today, proceed to airport to board flight to next destination or to hometown with lots of memories to cherish for a life time. (B)
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||EURO STANDARD||EURO FIRST||EURO SUPERIOR|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||€ 490||€ 522||€ 717|
|Child with Bed||€ 368||€ 392||€ 538|
|Infants 0-23 Months||€ 221||€ 235||€ 323|
|Single Traveller||€ 637||€ 679||€ 932|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME STANDARD||HOTEL NAME FIRST||HOTEL NAME SUPERIOR|
|EDINBURGH||PIRIES/HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS CITY / HOLIDAY INN CITY WEST OR SIMILAR||ROYAL TERRACE/ GEORGE OR SIMILAR||BALMORAL/SHERATON GRAND HOTEL AND SPA OR SIMILAR|
|INVERNESS||THISTLE / ROYAL HIGHLAND/RAMADA ENCORE OR SIMILAR||COLUMBA /NEW DRUMOSSIE 4/KINGSMILL OR SIMILAR||COLUMBA /NEW DRUMOSSIE 4/KINGSMILL OR SIMILAR|
|GLASGOW||NOVOTEL / MERCURE GLASGOW CITY HOTEL OR SIMILAR||MINT HOTEL GLASGOW/MENEZIES/GALSGOW MARRIOT OR SIMILAR||HILTON GLASGOW-5*/GRAND CENTRAL-4* OR SIMILAR|
- 05 nights’ accommodation with Breakfast at suggested or similar hotels
- Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Tour in Edinburgh on Seat in Coach Basis
- 4 Days in 2 months Brit Rail Pass on Second Class
- Airfare and taxes All optional tours
- All transfers from Airport/Station-Hotel or vice versa Visa & Insurance fees
- Any other meals other than specified above
- Any other sightseeing other than mentioned above
- Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, and telephone calls etc. All entrance fees and excursions not mentioned above
- 1 EURO = Rs 70.
- Prevailing rate of exchange will be applicable during payment
- Approx Air Fare Per Person on Air France on Economy class Ex BOM Rs.47000;Ex DEL Rs.47000;Ex BLR Rs.45000;Ex HYD Rs.50000 ;Ex AHM Rs.52000;Ex Kolkata Rs 58000.
- Kindly note that drivers are not guides
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time.
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- Alternate room category, hotels and air bookings may attract extra cost.
- Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs. Surcharge may be applicable.
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late checkout subject to availability.
- Itineraries are subject to change.
- For Security Deposits, Credit card copy is required at the time of hotel check in.
- Prevailing rate of exchange will be applicable at the time of payment.
Itinerary : BEST OF SCOTLAND 6 Days