People’s Republic of CHINA
|Continent, geographical location :||East AsiaBeing world’s third largest country, China shares land borders with 14 countries. Goingclockwise from the top they are – Mongolia, Russia, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar,Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan.|
|Area :||9,596,960 sq km|
|Population :||1.3 billion|
|Official Language:||Mandarin Chinese|
|Religion :||Daoist (Taoist), Buddhist, Christian 3%-4%, Muslim 1%-2%; note: officially atheist|
|Currency :||Renminbi (yuan) (CNY) – ¥|
|Time difference from India :||China is 2.30 hrs ahead of India.|
|ISD code :||+ 86 and phone number|
|Government :||Marxist-Leninist single-party state• President: Hu Jintao|
|Independence Day / National Day :||1st October is celebrated as Independence Day|
|Public Holidays :||• 1 Jan New Year• 23 Jan Spring Festival, Chinese New Year• 5 Apr Qing Ming (Tomb Sweeping) Festival• 1 May Labour Day• 23 Jun Dragon Boat Festival• 30 Sept Mid-Autumn Festival• 1 Oct National DayAdditional holidays may be observed regionally|
|Known for :||Kung Fu – Chinese Marshal Art, Jackie Chan, Yao Ming – tallest (7ft 6in) and active basketballplayer, Chinese Food, Green Tea, Silk Route, Giant Buddha at Leshan, Production of budgetedconsumer items|
|National Landmark :||Great Wall of China, Terracotta Army museum|
|National Airline with Code :||Air China (CA)|
|National Flower :||—|
|National Animal / Bird :||Giant Panda, Chinese Dragon – National Animal, Red Crowned Crane – National Bird|
|Main Trade :||Machinery and equipment, textiles, clothing and plastics, optical and medical equipment, iron and steel.|
Custom Rules :
• The following items can be imported into the country if visiting for less than 6 months.
• Cigarettes – 400*
• Alcohol Beverages – 2 Bottles**
• Reasonable amount of perfume
• The amount of cigarettes increases to up to 600 if staying more than 6 months
• The alcohol limit doubles to 4 bottles if staying over 6 months
• Guns and Ammunition
• Explosives and Explosive Materials
• Radio Receivers/Transmitters
• Knives and similar dangerous cutting weapons
• Amongst the items requiring permission to enter China include TV’S, Computers, washing machine and other electrical goods.
• Cats, dogs and other small animals will require a vaccination prior to being allowed to enter the country.
For more information please click on the link:
Arrival at Lhasa be met at Gongar airport and transferred to the hotel for some good rest and acclimation. For this most mystery and paradoxical land in China, you must hold more expectations than any other cities. After arrival at the airport, the terrain you could see as you approach your hotel is pretty special. Mountainous, but stark, any growth on these slopes has camouflaged colors of those grey or greens. Some distant peaks are snow capped and the odd turquoise lake is visible. Beautiful, but it looks to be such a hard land to live in. For the rest of day, please do not hurry to do any sightseeing at once. Instead of, you had better have a half-day rest to adjust yourselves to the altitude sickness for tomorrow’s trip. (D)
For the in-depth insight of this land and people, the morning will be spent to visit the Tibet Museum and a local Tibetan family. In the afternoon, the Sera Monastery will be a good choice as well. It is the last of the three principal Yellow Sect monasteries built in Lhasa. It is destined to be one of the most enjoyable afternoons of the whole trip. The setting itself is very beautiful and there are many cobbled alleyways, temples and colleges on a hill.(B,D)
A trip to Lhasa would be incomplete without a visit to Potala Palace, The awe-inspiring Potala Palace perched high above much of Lhasa, is definitely your good choice. The palace is a complex of political and religious function, which consists of the Red Palace, the White Palace and some attached buildings. Although you need to climb up, it will be richly rewarded for your efforts. Words may fail you to convey the scope of gold, pearls, carvings, gems, incense, monks, rooms, stairs that are in this incredible place. Then you will visit the Jokhang Temple in the afternoon. The three-level roof of the Jokhang offers splendid views of the Bhakhor Streets across to the Potala Palace . The golden roofs are superbly crafted with many birds, beasts, bells and other intricate figures. Later you will spend a whole afternoon exploring Barkhor Street. The markets in Lhasa are on a scale quite unlike anything else you have seen. You can buy anything Tibet-related, from sacks of incense, chunks of yak butter to monk outfits.(B,D)
Departure from Lhasa
The time before transfer to the airport is free on your own arrangement. Bid Lhasa a fond farewell as board the flight or get on the train to your next stop.
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||USD STANDARD||USD FIRST||USD SUPERIOR|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||$ 666||$ 732||$ 868|
|Child with Bed||$ 500||$ 549||$ 651|
|Infants 0-23 Months||$ 240||$ 240||$ 288|
|Single Traveller||$ 870||$ 942||$ 1204|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL STANDARD||HOTEL FIRST||HOTEL SUPERIOR|
|Tibet||XiongBala Hotel or similar||Tibet hotel or similar||Hotel Chengdu or similar|
- 3 Night Hotel Accommodation
Private transfers between airports/railway stations, hotels and all sightseeing spots as mentioned.
Separated transfer will incur extra charges.
Hotel accommodation based on two adults sharing one standard twin-bed room
Daily Breakfast at hotel.
One driver and one English-speaking guide on normal sightseeing activities in each destination.
All First-Gate entrance fees to scenic spots as shown in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of Top View Holiday. TVH will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
International airfare and domestic airfare and Train ticket.
Visa fee, passport application or renewal fee.
Tips for guides, escort, drivers, bellman, etc.
Personal expenses such as excess luggage fees, laundry, postage, communications and beverages.
Daily lunches and optional tours, which will be added up if the clients desire to take the activities.
Any items not specified in the plan.
- 1 USD = INR 58.
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable
- Kindly note that drivers are not guides
- For security deposit, credit card copy is needed at the time of hotel check in
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- Alternate room category, hotels and air bookings may attract extra cost
- Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs.
- Surcharge may be applicable.
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability
- Itineraries are subject to change
Itenary : TIBET TOUR 4 DAYS