People’s Republic of CHINA
|Continent, geographical location :||East AsiaBeing world’s third largest country, China shares land borders with 14 countries. Goingclockwise from the top they are – Mongolia, Russia, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar,Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan.|
|Area :||9,596,960 sq km|
|Population :||1.3 billion|
|Official Language:||Mandarin Chinese|
|Religion :||Daoist (Taoist), Buddhist, Christian 3%-4%, Muslim 1%-2%; note: officially atheist|
|Currency :||Renminbi (yuan) (CNY) – ¥|
|Time difference from India :||China is 2.30 hrs ahead of India.|
|ISD code :||+ 86 and phone number|
|Government :||Marxist-Leninist single-party state• President: Hu Jintao|
|Independence Day / National Day :||1st October is celebrated as Independence Day|
|Public Holidays :||• 1 Jan New Year• 23 Jan Spring Festival, Chinese New Year• 5 Apr Qing Ming (Tomb Sweeping) Festival• 1 May Labour Day• 23 Jun Dragon Boat Festival• 30 Sept Mid-Autumn Festival• 1 Oct National Day
Additional holidays may be observed regionally
|Known for :||Kung Fu – Chinese Marshal Art, Jackie Chan, Yao Ming – tallest (7ft 6in) and active basketballplayer, Chinese Food, Green Tea, Silk Route, Giant Buddha at Leshan, Production of budgetedconsumer items|
|National Landmark :||Great Wall of China, Terracotta Army museum|
|National Airline with Code :||Air China (CA)|
|National Flower :||—|
|National Animal / Bird :||Giant Panda, Chinese Dragon – National Animal, Red Crowned Crane – National Bird|
|Main Trade :||Machinery and equipment, textiles, clothing and plastics, optical and medical equipment, ironand steel.|
Custom Rules :
• The following items can be imported into the country if visiting for less than 6 months.
• Cigarettes – 400*
• Alcohol Beverages – 2 Bottles**
• Reasonable amount of perfume
• The amount of cigarettes increases to up to 600 if staying more than 6 months
• The alcohol limit doubles to 4 bottles if staying over 6 months
• Guns and Ammunition
• Explosives and Explosive Materials
• Radio Receivers/Transmitters
• Knives and similar dangerous cutting weapons
• Amongst the items requiring permission to enter China include TV’S, Computers, washing machine and other electrical goods.
• Cats, dogs and other small animals will require a vaccination prior to being allowed to enter the country.
4N Beijing – 2N Xian – 2N Shanghai
On arrival, you will be met and transferred to hotel by the local guide. After a good rest in a comfortable hotel TVH recommended, you will take dinner at Indian Restaurant .Overnight at the hotel.(D)
Depart from hotel in the morning to visit the biggest public square in the world, Tian’anmen Square conquers you with its grandeur at the first sight. Then you are leaded to Forbidden City. It is the imperial palace for 24 emperors during Ming and Qing Dynasties and the biggest ancient architecture complex in the world. You walk in the museum to see with your eyes, to touch with your hands and fell with your hearts. In the afternoon, you continue your trip to Summer Palace. Having the largest royal park and being well preserved, it was designated, in 1960 by the State Council, as a Key Cultural Relics Protection Site of China. Containing examples of the ancient arts, it also has graceful landscapes and magnificent constructions.Dinner at Indian restaurant. Over night at hotel. (B,D)
In the morning drive 75km to visit the Jade factory and Great Wall at Juyong pass which is the symbol of China and the wisdom of Chinese people. It is very unbelievable that Chinese succeeded in building such a great architecture with simple tools in ancient time. You will have a short stop and take photos in Beijing Olympic Park, where you can see the outside view of the National Stadium– Bird’s Nest and National Aquatics Center –Water Cube . Dinner at Indian Restaurant .Overnight at the hotel.(B,D)
Beijing / Xian
In the morning, you will visit the Liulichang which is a famous district in down-town Beijing that is known for a series of traditional Chinese stone dwellings housing that sells various craftwork, artistry, and antiques. It is one of Beijing’s traditional old quarters. Then visit Da Shi Lan, one of Beijing’s most famous old-fashioned streets, has a history dating back 570 years. It was built in 1430, the 18th year of Emperor Yong Le’s rule during the Ming Dynasty. Da Shi Lan is 375 meters long and is home to 26 shops from nine types of trade. Then you will take flight to Xian. Dinner at Indian restaurant.(B,D)
Breakfast at hotel, then depart for a Full day tour with a visit to the China’s Richest historic area, which is recognized by the UNESCO as the eighth wonder of the world, amazing Museum of the Terra Cotta Warriors which is very famous for the great underground army of the First Emperor of China, buried together with him 2200 years ago and discovered only in 1974. It is the most significant archeological excavations of the 20th century. Then you will visit Special art lacquar work shop, free time shopping at Ancient style street. Dinner at Indian Restaurant .Overnight at the hotel.(B,D)
Morning you will visit the Ancient City Walls , It is the most complete city wall that has survived in China as well as one of the largest ancient military defensive systems in the world. Bid Wild Goose Pagoda a well-preserved ancient Building and a holy place for Buddhists. Afternoon take flight to Shanghai . Dinner at Indian restaurant.(B,D)
Today you’ll find a Buddhism shrine – Jade Buddha Temple, located in a crowd of Shanghai City. It is named for its two bejeweled white jade Buddha. Carved from a whole piece of white jade, the sitting jade Buddha statue is translucent with a solemn expression, displaying the excellent skill and extraordinary art of Chinese people. Yuyuan Garden has many scenic courtyards decorated with baroque rockery, pools, and flora that are all connected by corridors and passageways. then visit Pearl Factory, the shopping trip will begin in Nanjing Road which is starts at the Bund and runs westward, with People’s Square in the middle. Renown for its bustling and modernization, Nanjing Road earns its reputation as the ‘First Commercial Road in China’, which is the good shopping heaven for your trip as the same as the Fifth Avenue in New York and Avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris. Some of the traditional food and handicrafts of Shanghai can be found here. Then we come to the Bund, The renowned waterfront district is the city’s most famous landmark. The word BUND is of Anglo-India origin meaning embankment on the waterfront. It is also the popular site to enjoy the night view of the city. Standing at Pudong New Area at the east side of Huangpu River, Oriental TV Tower was completed on October 1, 1994. The tower has a height of 468 meters. With multi-functions of sightseeing, catering, shopping, amusement and accommodations, this tower has become the symbol of the city and a popular tourist attraction in Shanghai.(B,D)
Departure from Shanghai
Breakfast at the hotel. Get transferred to the airport for Final Departure.(B).
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||USD STANDARD||USD FIRST||USD SUPERIOR||USD DELUXE|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||$ 858||$ 923||$ 1065||$ 1178|
|Child with Bed||$ 644||$ 693||$ 799||$ 883|
|Infants 0-23 Months||$ 240||$ 240||$ 288||$ 288|
|Single Traveller||$ 1056||$ 1186||$ 1469||$ 1694|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME STANDARD||HOTEL NAME FIRST||HOTEL NAME SUPERIOR||HOTEL NAME DELUXE|
|Beijing||Long Ding Hua Hotel or similar||Wuhuan Hotel or similar||Huabin International Hotel or similar||Swissotel Hotel or similar|
|X'ian||New Henderson Hotel||Days Hotel & Suites Xinxing||Days Hotel & Suites Xinxing||Sheraton Hotel|
|Shanghai||Shanghai Liangan or similar||Grace Land International Hotel or similar||Guoman Hotel or similar||Crowne Plaza Fudan or similar|
- Private transfers between airports/railway stations, hotels and all sightseeing spots as mentioned.
- Separated transfer will incur extra charges.
- Hotel accommodation based on two adults sharing one standard twin-bed room
- Daily Breakfast at hotel.
- One driver and one English-speaking guide on normal sightseeing activities in each destination.
- All First-Gate entrance fees to scenic spots as shown in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of Top View Holiday. TVH will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- Daily Dinner
- International airfare and domestic airfare and Train ticket.
- Beijing To Xian Flight $172
- Xian To Shanghai Flight $200
- Beijing To Xian Train $85
- Visa fee, passport application or renewal fee.
- Tips for guides, escort, drivers, bellman, etc.
- Personal expenses such as excess luggage fees, laundry, postage, communications and beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- Daily lunches and optional tours, which will be added up if the clients desire to take the activities.
- Any items not specified in the plan.
- 1 USD = INR 58.
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable
- Kindly note that drivers are not guides
- For security deposit, credit card copy is needed at the time of hotel check in
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- Alternate room category, hotels and air bookings may attract extra cost
- Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs.
- Surcharge may be applicable.
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability
- Itineraries are subject to change
Itenary : Beijing/Xian/Shanghai (Classic)8 Days / 7 Nights