|Continent, geographical location :||Australia .It lies in Southern Hemisphere and is situated some 1,500 kilometers east of Australia acrossthe Tasman Sea and roughly 1,000 kilometers south of the Pacific island nations of NewCaledonia, Fiji, and Tonga.|
|Area :||270,534 sq km|
|Religion :||Anglican 13.8% , Roman Catholic 12.6%, Presbyterian, Congregational and Reformed 10%,Christian (no denomination specified) 4.6%|
|Currency :||New Zealand dollar (NZD) – $|
|Time difference from India :||New Zealand is 6.30 hrs ahead of India. During daylight saving time (DST) ahead by 7.30 hrs.Daylight Saving Time begins at 2am on the first Sunday in October and ends at 2am (which is3am Daylight Saving Time) on the first Sunday in April.|
|ISD code :||+ 64 and phone number|
|Government :||Government Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy▪ Monarch : Elizabeth II▪ Governor : General Sir Jerry Mateparae▪ Prime Minister : John Key|
|Independence Day / National Day :||NA|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan New Year▪ 6 Feb Waitangi Day▪ 6 Apr Good Friday▪ 9 Apr Easter Monday▪ 25 Apr ANZAC Day▪ 4 Jun Queen’s Birthday▪ 22 Oct Labour Day▪ 25 Dec Christmas Day▪ 26 Dec Boxing DayAdditional holidays may be observed regionally.|
|Known for :||Sir Edmund Percival Hillary – the first climber reached the summit of Mount Everest along withTenzing Norgay, Maori, Fishing, Bungy Jumping, Kiwi, Rotorua, Royal Albatross only breedingcolony in the world near Dunedin|
|National Landmark :||Milford Sound, Franz Joseph Glacier|
|National Airline with Code :||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|National Flower :||Kowhai|
|National Animal / Bird :||Kiwi|
|Main Trade :||Dairy, meat, wood and wood products, fish and machinery|
Custom Rules :
• 200 cigarettes or 250 grams of tobacco or 50 cigars or a mixture of all three weighing not more than 250 grams
• 4.5 litres of wine or 4.5 litres of beer or three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1,125ml of spirits,
liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
• Dogs breeds are prohibited
• American Pit Bull Terrier
• Brazilian Fila
• Dogo Argentino
• Japanese Tosa
• Objectionable publications – A publication is objectionable if it describes, depicts, expresses, or otherwise deals with matters
such as sex, horror, crime, cruelty, or violence in such a manner that the availability of the publication is likely to be injurious
to the public good.
• Hookah pipes, water pipes and smoking utensils Restricted
• Cash or bearer-negotiable instrument total value involved is NZ$10,000 or more (or foreign equivalent) need to be declared on a
Border Cash Report upon arrival.
• Medicines that contain bear, tiger, turtle, musk, Aucklandia root, etc
• Elephant ivory – jewellery, carvings, tusks, etc
• Any whale/cetacean items, such as whalebone carvings, dolphin teeth
• Any item made from marine turtle meat or marine turtle shell
• Many big game hunting trophies
• Some orchids and cycads.
1N Auckland – 1N Rotorua – 3N Queenstown – 1N Franz Josef – 2N Christchurch
On arrival at Auckland we proceed for the half day city tour of Auckland. Later check in to Hotel Auckland City Hotel or similar. Later we continue to visit SKY TOWER, Auckland’s highest tower. At 328 meters Sky Tower is the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere, offering breath-taking views for more than 80 kilometers in every direction. Evening enjoy delicious dinner. Overnight at the hotel.Dinner
AUCKLAND – ROTORUA – WAITOMO GLOW WORM CAVES – SKYINE GONDOLA – ROTORUA
After breakfast depart by coach for Rotorua, the cultural capital of New Zealand. Enroute take the guided tour of WAITOMO GLOW WORM CAVES, which is famous for their limestone formations and also the mysterious glow-worms which live on the ceiling of the caves emitting a tiny light which gives you the feeling of looking at the sky with lots of stars!. Later take a breathtaking ride on SKYLINE GONDOLA to the top of MOUNT NGOGOTAHA. Evening enjoy delicious dinner. Overnight at Sudima Lake Rotorua Hotel or similar.Breakfast Dinner
ROTORUA – AGRODOME – TE PUIA (WHAKAREWAREWA THERMAL RESERVE) – QUEENSTOWN
Enjoy breakfast at the Hotel. Today we proceed to AGRODOME to witness the Agrodome Agricultural Show, where you will be entertained by New Zealand’s performing sheep and other attractions. Later proceed to visit WHAKAREWAREWA THERMAL RESERVE known for its hot springs, geysers and boiling mud pools. Watch the Maori craftsmen and learn about the traditional arts of carving and weaving. Later depart to the airport to board your flight to Queenstown. Arrive Queenstown and transfer to A Line Hotel or similar. Rest of the day at leisure. Evening enjoy delicious dinner.
QUEENSTOWN – MILFORD SOUND – QUEENSTOWN
This morning we head to MILFORD SOUND CRUISE, to board your cruise MV MARINER. This famous cruise gives you an opportunity to see MITRE PEAK which is just out of the water and mile high. Go exploring with a nature guide in the tender vessels and kayaks. You may see fur seals lazing on the rocks and lots of sea birds and numerous waterfalls. Evening return back to the hotel. Enjoy delicious dinner. Overnight at the hotel.
QUEENSTOWN-KAWERAU JET BOAT RIDE- QUEENSTOWN
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Today we depart for half day sightseeing tour of Queenstown. Later we proceed for the exciting KAWERAU JET BOAT RIDE and SKYLINE GONDOLA which will take you to the top of BOB’S PEAK. From here you will have the most stunning view of Queenstown, the neighboring lake and surrounding mountains. Enjoy dinner at the Indian restaurant.
QUEENSTOWN – FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER- HELICOPTER RIDE
After breakfast we leave Queenstown by coach for FRANZ JOSEF via lake Wanaka, the vast world heritage area and Fox Glacier township. Afternoon you will board the HELICOPTER for a 20 mins exciting and unforgettable experience. You will actually land on snow. Explore the Fox or Franz Josef glacier at 6000 ft. Enjoy the amazing landscape of Mt Cook and the Tasman glacier and of course have fun in the ice. Enjoy your dinner(not Indian). Overnight at Franz Josef Glacier Hotel or similar.
FRANZ JOSEF – GREYMOUTH-TRANZ ALPINE TRAIN – CHRISTCHURCH
Enjoy your breakfast and then we drive to GREYMOUTH. Enroute take a brief stop at Hokitika and view the greenstone-Jade and glass blowing studios. Continue your journey to Greymouth from where you will board the world famous TRANZ ALPINE TRAIN, which is one of the top six scenic train journeys in the world. The train crosses the huge and fertile farmlands of the Canterbury plains. The highest point is 737 meters at the alpine village at Arthurs pass. The scenery through this route is mind blowing. (You may carry light snacks for the train journey. The train also has a small cafeteria where you can buy tea/coffee, sandwiches etc). In the evening arrive at CHRISTCHURCH. Enjoy delicious dinner at Indian Restaurant.
CHRISTCHURCH – CITY TOUR – INTERNATIONAL ANTARTIC CENTRE – CHRISTCHURCH
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Today we depart for CITY TOUR of Christchurch “the garden city”. Also visit the INTERNATIONAL ANTARTIC CENTRE and experience the awesome and challenging Antartic environment. Experience the actual weather conditions in the ‘Snow and Ice’ room. Rest of the day free for personal activities. Evening enjoy delicious dinner. Overnight at the hotel.
CHRISTCHURCH – HOME TOWN
Today check out of the hotel and proceed to the airport to board your flight.
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||NZD STANDARD||NZD FIRST||NZD SUPERIOR|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||$ 2485||$ 2690||On Request|
|Child with Bed||$ 1865||$ 2020||On Request|
|Infants 0-23 Months||$ 745||$ 806||On Request|
|Single Traveller||$ 3090||$ 3505||On Request|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME|
|Auckland||Auckland City Hotel||Sky City Hotel||Sky City Grand Hotel|
|Rotorua||Sudima Lake Rotorua Hotel||Holiday Inn Rotorua||Millennium Hotel Rotorua|
|Christchurch||Heartland Cotswold Hotel||Chateau on the Park||HotelThe George Hotel|
|Franz Josef||Scenic Franz Josef Glacier||Scenic Franz Josef Glacier||Te Waionui Rainforest Retreat|
|Queenstown||Heartland Hotel||Rydges Queenstown Hotel||Millennium Hotel|
|Dunedin||Kingsgate Dunedin Hotel||Scenic Hotel Dunedin||Scenic Hotel Southern Cross Superior|
- 08 night Accommodation at the hotel.
- Breakfast daily.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary (Indian dinners at local Indian restaurants are provided in AKL, ROT, CHC, DUD, ZQN, FRZ, & TEU. European style dinners in other destinations. Indian restaurants may be closed during Christmas Statutory holidays. Return dinner transfers will be provided only where required, i.e. where too far to walk).
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary on seat-in-coach basis.
- Airfare with Taxes
- All Optional Tours
- All transfers from Airport/Station-Hotel or vice versa Visa & Insurance fees
- Any other meals other than specified above
- Any other sightseeing other than mentioned above Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls etc.
- All entrance fees and excursions not mentioned above
- 1 NZD = INR 50
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time
- Kindly note that drivers are not guides.
- Itineraries are subject to change
- For security deposit, credit card copy is needed at the time of hotel check in
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- Alternate room category,hotels and air bookings may attract extra cost.Above price is not applicable during Convention Period, High season, Festivals or Fairs.
- Surcharges will be applicable
Itenary : NEW ZEALAND HIGHLIGHTS 09 DAYS