Republic of SOUTH AFRICA
|Capital City:||Pretoria (executive), Bloemfontein (judicial), Cape Town (legislative)|
|Continent, geographical location :||AfricaTo the north of the country lie the neighbouring territories of Namibia, Botswana andZimbabwe; to the east are Mozambique and Swaziland|
|Area :||1,219,912 sq km|
|Official Language:||Afrikaans, English, isiNdebele, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Sepedi, Sesotho, Setswana, Siswati,Tshivenda and Xitsonga|
|Religion :||Around two thirds of South Africans are Christian of some form including Catholics,Anglicans, Dutch Reformed or African independent churches. There are significant Hindu,Muslim and Jewish communities and traditional African beliefs are also practised.|
|Currency :||South African Rand (ZAR) – R|
|Time difference from India :||South Africa is 3:30 hrs behind India|
|ISD code :||+ 27 and phone number|
|Government :||Constitutional parliamentary republic▪ President : Jacob Zuma|
|Independence Day / National Day :||11th December is celebrated as Independence Day, from the United Kingdom.|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan New Year’s Day▪ 21 Mar Human Rights Day▪ 6 Apr Good Friday▪ 9 Apr Family Day▪ 27 Apr Freedom Day▪ 1 May Workers’ Day▪ 16 Jun Youth Day▪ 9 Aug National Women’s Day▪ 24 Sept Heritage Day▪ 16 Dec Day of Reconciliation▪ 25 Dec Christmas Day
▪ 26 Dec Day of Goodwill
▪ Additional holidays may be observed regionally
|Known for :||Nelson Mandela, BIG Five, Cradel of Humankind, Vineyards, Gold|
|National Landmark :||Table Mountain, Kruger National Park|
|National Airline with Code :||South African Airways (SA)|
|National Flower :||King Protea|
|National Animal / Bird :||Springbok is the National Animal and Blue Crane is the National Bird|
|Main Trade :||Mineral raw materials (gold, diamonds, platinum), agricultural produce, chemical productsand machinery.|
Custom Rules :
• 200 cigarettes
• 20 of cigars
• 250g of tobacco
• 50ml of perfume
• 250ml of eau de toilette
• 2L of wine
• 1l of spirits
• Goods for personal use.
• Travellers may be asked to pay deposit on expensive items like laptops, which is refunded to you when the item is re-
exported. Residents who are coming back to the country are advised to register their personal items (jewellery, watches,
cameras, laptops etc.) before leaving the country to avoid paying duty on these items when re-importing them.
• Narcotics and other controlled substances
• Weaponry, explosives and fireworks etc.
• Poisonous chemical and biological substances and other health endangering substances
• Cigarettes with a mass of more than 2 kilogram per 1000 units
• Counterfeit goods
• Goods breaking copyrights laws
• Prison-made and penitentiary-made goods
• Local currency of over 10 000,- gold coins, coin and stamp collections and unprocessed gold need to be declared.
• Endangered species of plants or wildlife, whether alive or dead, including any parts of and articles made from them will need permit from CITES.
• Plants and products thereof (honey, margarine and vegetable oils, seeds etc.)
• Animals and products thereof (dairy products, butter, eggs)
• Medicines for personal use need to be accompanied by the prescription and a note from your Doctor.
3N Capetown – 2N Knysna – 2N Sun City – 1N Johannesburg
Arrive in Cape town and proceed to hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Cape Town.
Cape Town – Mother City Tour
Today proceed for half day Mother City Tour by coach visiting the Castle, the SA museum, and a few historical sights. A highlight of the trip is a visit to bustling Green market Square. A cable car ride, takes you up the Table Mountain (Depend on weather conditions) for a breathtaking view over the city. Evening return to your hotel. Overnight in Cape town. (B)
Cape Town – Cape Peninsula Tour
Depart for a full day Cape Peninsula Tour. Visit the Cape Peninsula, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Sea Point and Camps Bay, beaches of Clifton and Llandudno. Also visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Seal Island. Overnight in Cape town. (B)
Cape Town – Knysna (Approx 6 hours)
Today proceed to Knysna, later enjoy a cruise on the vast Knysna Lagoon. Enjoy an amazing view of the imposing sandstone `Heads’ which guard the sea entrance to Knysna’s huge tidal lagoon, and the forests, marshes and pristine beaches surrounding it. Check into hotel and spend rest of evening at leisure. Overnight in Knysna. (B)
Knysna – Visit to Congo Caves
Today morning proceed to visit underground to marvel at the icy formations in the Cango Caves, regarded as one of South Africa’s most spectacular natural wonders. Overnight in Knysna. (B)
Knysna – George (Approx 2 hours) – Johannesburg – Sun City (Approx 2 hours 45 mins)
Proceed to George Airport, to board a flight for Johannesburg. Arrive in Johannesburg, proceed to Sun city. Overnight in Sun City. (B)
Today day is free for leisure. Overnight in Sun City.(B) Optional:One can either enjoy various activities in the entertainment complex or choose any of the outdoor activities – Hot air ballooning, Game drives, Jet Skiing, Para sailing, Golfing, water sports etc on your own.
Sun City – Johannesburg (Approx 2 hours 45 mins)
Proceed to Johannesburg & Check into hotel. Evening at leisure. Overnight in Johannesburg.(B) Optional proceed for Gold Reef City tour. See reconstruction of Johannesburg during the Gold Rush era, built around a mine. Watch molten gold being poured in a mine shaft. Tribal dancing adds to the fun.
Johannesburg – Hometown
Proceed to the Johannesburg airport to board flight to your hometown next destination. (B)
OPTIONAL ADD ON GREAT VICTORIA FALLS
3 Days / 2 Nights – 2N Livingstone
Livingstone – Sunset Cruise
Today arrive at Livingstone. On arrival transfer to your hotel. In the evening transfer to the jetty to board the sunset cruise on the Zambezi River. The cruise is along the river boundary of the Mosi Oa Tunya National Park, around Siloka Island andback to The Waterfront jetty. Also experience the great African Sunset. Arrive back to the jetty slightly after the dark. The total cruise time is approximately 2.5 hours. Overnight stay in Livingstone.
Walking Tour of the Falls
After breakfast depart on a guided tour of Victoria Falls, one of seven natural wonders of the world. This walking tour takes you through the magnificent rain forest where you are able to view the fall. Rest of the day at leisure – return to the fall on your own. Overnight stay in Livingstone. (B) Optional : You can take an optional tour into the town or to a local village or relax at the hotel. There are a number of optional excursions available to fill your day – try a helicopter flight over the falls, whitewater river rafting, game viewing on land or by boat, or a cultural visit to Chief Mukuni’s village.
Livingstone – Hometown
Today proceed to airport to board the flight to your hometown or next destination with lot of fond memories to cherish for a lifetime. (B) Tour Conclude!
Price / Inclusion
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME|
|CAPE TOWN||RITZ HOTEL OR SIMILAR||STRAND TOWER OR SIMILAR||CAPE ROYALE OR SIMILAR|
|KNYSNA||GRAYWOOD HOTEL OR SIMILAR||KNYSNA RIVER CLUB OR SIMILAR||ST. JAMES OF KNYSNA OR SIMILAR|
|SUN CITY||CABANAS HOTEL OR SIMILAR||SUN CITY MAIN HOTEL OR SIMILAR||SUN CITY CASCADES OR SIMILAR|
|JOHANNESBURG||METCOURT SUITES OR SIMILAR||METCOURT SUITES OR SIMILAR||D'OREALE GRANDE OR SIMILAR|
Optional Tour Hotel List
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME|
|LIVINGSTONE||ZAMBEZI SUN OR SIMILAR||ROYAL LIVINGSTONE OR SIMILAR|
- 9N Accommodation in selected hotels. Meals: Breakfast (B)
- Return airport Transfers by Seat in Coach basis /Private van as mentioned above
- H/day Cape Town City tour incl. Table Mountain (INCLUDES cableway ticket)
- F/day Cape Peninsula Tour incl. Cape Point, Penguins, Cape of Good Hope (weather permitting), Funicular, Kirstenbosch gardens
- Visit the Cango Caves, Ostrich farm & Wildlife Ranch
Optional Tour Inclusions
- 2N accommodation in mentioned hotels or similar
- Meals: Breakfast
- Return airport Transfers by Seat in Coach basis
- Sunset Cruise
- Walking tour of the falls
- All Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Return economy class airfare. Internal airfare and taxes
- Visa and Insurances charges. Any other meals other than specified above
- Porterage at hotels and Airports. Any other sightseeing other than mentioned above
- Any Entrance fees other than specified in inclusions
- Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls etc.
Optional Tour Exclusions
- Airfares and taxes. Visa and Insurances charges
- Yellow fever vaccination (must to enter Zambia)
- Any other meals other than specified above
- Porterage at hotels and Airports
- Any other sightseeing other than mentioned above
- Any Entrance fees other than mentioned in the Itinerary
- Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls etc
- 1USD = INR 52.
- High Season surcharge applicable.
- Driver is NOT A GUIDE, he will take you to the sightseeings mentioned in the itinerary.
- you will have to explore the place of visit on your own
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable.
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time
- Approx airfare Ex Mumbai INR 55000 on Emirates, Ex Delhi INR 55,000 on Emirates,Ex Bengaluru INR 53,000 on Qatar Airways,Ex Hyderabad INR 60,000 on Qatar Airways,Ex Ahmedabad INR 63,000 on Emirates
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- You can upgrade to an alternate room category, hotels and air bookings by paying an extra cost
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability.
- Itineraries are subject to change
- For Security Deposits, Credit card is required at the time of hotel check in.
- Book early to ensure best rates & services and hassle-free Visa processing
- You may extend your hotel stay or upgrade any service at an extra cost.
- Contact us to tailor-make this itinerary to suit you best
Itinerary : SPLENDID SOUTH AFRICA – 09 Days