Republic of SOUTH AFRICA
|Capital City:||Pretoria (executive), Bloemfontein (judicial), Cape Town (legislative)|
|Continent, geographical location :||AfricaTo the north of the country lie the neighbouring territories of Namibia, Botswana andZimbabwe; to the east are Mozambique and Swaziland|
|Area :||1,219,912 sq km|
|Official Language:||Afrikaans, English, isiNdebele, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Sepedi, Sesotho, Setswana, Siswati,Tshivenda and Xitsonga|
|Religion :||Around two thirds of South Africans are Christian of some form including Catholics,Anglicans, Dutch Reformed or African independent churches. There are significant Hindu,Muslim and Jewish communities and traditional African beliefs are also practised.|
|Currency :||South African Rand (ZAR) – R|
|Time difference from India :||South Africa is 3:30 hrs behind India|
|ISD code :||+ 27 and phone number|
|Government :||Constitutional parliamentary republic▪ President : Jacob Zuma|
|Independence Day / National Day :||11th December is celebrated as Independence Day, from the United Kingdom.|
|Public Holidays :||▪ 1 Jan New Year’s Day▪ 21 Mar Human Rights Day▪ 6 Apr Good Friday▪ 9 Apr Family Day▪ 27 Apr Freedom Day▪ 1 May Workers’ Day▪ 16 Jun Youth Day▪ 9 Aug National Women’s Day▪ 24 Sept Heritage Day▪ 16 Dec Day of Reconciliation▪ 25 Dec Christmas Day
▪ 26 Dec Day of Goodwill
▪ Additional holidays may be observed regionally
|Known for :||Nelson Mandela, BIG Five, Cradel of Humankind, Vineyards, Gold|
|National Landmark :||Table Mountain, Kruger National Park|
|National Airline with Code :||South African Airways (SA)|
|National Flower :||King Protea|
|National Animal / Bird :||Springbok is the National Animal and Blue Crane is the National Bird|
|Main Trade :||Mineral raw materials (gold, diamonds, platinum), agricultural produce, chemical productsand machinery.|
Custom Rules :
• 200 cigarettes
• 20 of cigars
• 250g of tobacco
• 50ml of perfume
• 250ml of eau de toilette
• 2L of wine
• 1l of spirits
• Goods for personal use.
• Travellers may be asked to pay deposit on expensive items like laptops, which is refunded to you when the item is re-
exported. Residents who are coming back to the country are advised to register their personal items (jewellery, watches,
cameras, laptops etc.) before leaving the country to avoid paying duty on these items when re-importing them.
• Narcotics and other controlled substances
• Weaponry, explosives and fireworks etc.
• Poisonous chemical and biological substances and other health endangering substances
• Cigarettes with a mass of more than 2 kilogram per 1000 units
• Counterfeit goods
• Goods breaking copyrights laws
• Prison-made and penitentiary-made goods
• Local currency of over 10 000,- gold coins, coin and stamp collections and unprocessed gold need to be declared.
• Endangered species of plants or wildlife, whether alive or dead, including any parts of and articles made from them will
need permit from CITES.
• Plants and products thereof (honey, margarine and vegetable oils, seeds etc.)
• Animals and products thereof (dairy products, butter, eggs)
• Medicines for personal use need to be accompanied by the prescription and a note from your Doctor.
3N Capetown – 1N Oudtshoorn – 1N Knysna – 2N Sun City – 2N Pilanesberg – 2N Johannesburg
Arrive Cape town
Arrive in Cape town and proceed to hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Cape Town.
Cape Town – City Tour
Today proceed for half day City Tour visiting the Castle, the SA museum, and a few historical sights. A highlight of the trip is a visit to bustling Green market Square. Also enjoy cable car ride, takes you up the Table Mountain (Depend on weather conditions) for a breathtaking view over the city. Evening return to your hotel. Overnight in Cape town. (B)
Cape Town – Cape Peninsula Tour
Today depart for a full day Cape Peninsula Tour. Visit the Cape Point, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Sea Point and Camps Bay, beaches of Clifton and Llandudno. Also visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Seal Island. Overnight in Cape town. (B)
Cape Town – Oudtshoorn (Approx 5 ½ hours)
Today proceed to Oudtshoorn, which is known as the `Feather Capital of the World’. On the way visit a crocodile Park where you have opportunity to take pictures with wild animals. Check into hotel and spend rest of evening at leisure. Overnight in Oudtshoorn. (B)
Oudtshoorn – Knysna (Approx 2 hours)
Proceed from Oudtshoorn to Knysna.Enroute you will visit,Cango caves-comprises an underground wonderland of stalactites and stalagmites,Cango Ostrich farm: for some unique experiences, including ostrich racing,Cango Wildlife Ranch where you will seecheetah, lion, puma, jaguar and our rare White Bengal tigers in action.Later drive to your hotel in Knysna, Evening, you check into the hotel. Overnight in Knysna.(B)
Knysna – George (Approx 2 hours) – Johannesburg – Sun City (Approx 2 hours 30 mins)
Proceed to George Airport, to board a flight for Johannesburg. Arrive in Johannesburg, proceed to Sun city, which has an unique heartbeat and an African rhythm of its own Overnight in Sun City.(B)
The day is free at leisure. Overnight in Sun City. (B) Optional:One can either enjoy various activities in the entertainment complex or choose any of the outdoor activities – Hot air ballooning, Game drives, Jet Skiing, Para sailing, Golfing, water sports etc at an additional cost
Sun City – Pilanesberg (Approx 3 hrs drive)
Depart for Pilanesberg National Park,which will delight game viewers as it is home to the Big 5. Check in the lodge.Enjoy your lunch and then proceed for game drive. Return to your lodge for dinner. Overnight in Pilanesberg. (B,L,D)
Enjoy a full day game drives. Overnight in Pilanesberg. (B,L,D)
Pilanesberg – Johannesburg (Approx 7 hrs drive)
Proceed to Johannesburg, check into hotel, rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Johannesburg. (B)
Ohannesburg – Gold Reef City Tour
Today after breakfast, proceed for Gold Reef City tour. See reconstruction of Johannesburg during the Gold Rush era, built around a mine. Evening free for relaxation. Overnight in Johannesburg. (B)
Johannesburg – Hometown
Today after breakfast, proceed to the Johannesburg airport to board flight to your hometown next destination. (B)
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||STANDARD (USD)||FIRST (USD)||SUPERIOR (USD)|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||$ 3600||$ 4780||$ 5740|
|Child with Bed||$ 2700||$ 3585||$ 4305|
|Infants 0-23 Months||$ 720||$ 960||$ 1150|
|Single Traveler||$ 4680||$ 6215||$ 7460|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME (Standard)||HOTEL NAME (First)||HOTEL NAME (Superior)|
|CAPE TOWN||GARDEN COURT DE WAAL OR SIMILAR PEARL OF OUDTSHOORN OR SIMILAR||STRAND TOWER OR SIMILAR||CAPE ROYALE OR SIMILAR|
|OUDTSHOORN||PEARL OF OUDTSHOORN OR SIMILAR||THORNTREE OR SIMILAR||ROSENHOF OR SIMILAR|
|KNYSNA||GRAYWOOD HOTEL OR SIMILAR||KNYSNA RIVER CLUB OR SIMILAR||ST. JAMES OF KNYSNA OR SIMILAR|
|SUN CITY||SUN CITY CABANAS OR SIMILAR||SUN CITY MAIN HOTEL OR SIMILAR||SUN CITY CASCADES OR SIMILAR|
|PILANESBERG||LACK RHINO LODGE OR SIMILAR||BLACK RHINO LODGE OR SIMILAR||SHEPHERDS TREE LODGE OR SIMILAR|
|JOHANNESBURG||GARDEN COURT SANDTON OR SIMILAR||HILTON SANDTON OR SIMILAR||RADISSON SANDTON ORSIMILAR|
- 11 Nights Accommodation in Selected Hotels.
- Return airport Transfers by Seat in Private van as mentioned above
- Meals: Breakfast (B) Pilanesburg stay includes Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner and game drive.
- Full day “Cape Peninsula” & a half-day CityTour in Cape Town.
- Day visit to Cango Caves and Wildlife Ranch, Ostrich Farm.Game drives in Pilanesburg National Park as per itinerary
- Half day tour to Gold Reef City.(Closed on Mondays & Tuesdays – no kids under 6 years allowed down into the mine)
- All Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary with cable car ride
- Return economy class airfare.
- Internal Airfare & airport taxes
- Visa and Insurances charges.
- Any other meals other than specified above
- Porterage at hotels and Airports.
- Any other sightseeing other than mentioned above.
- Any Entrance fees other than mentioned in inclusions.
- Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls etc
- 1USD = INR 52.
- High Season surcharge applicable.
- Above rates are not valid for the month of DECEMBER
- Driver is NOT A GUIDE, he will take you to the sightseeings mentioned in the itinerary.
- You will have to explore the place of visit on your own.
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- You can upgrade to an alternate room category, hotels and air bookings by paying an extra cost
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability.
- Itineraries are subject to change
- For Security Deposits, Credit card is required at the time of hotel check in.
- Book early to ensure best rates & services and hassle-free Visa processing.
- Contact us to tailor-make this itinerary to suit you best
Itinerary : SCENIC SOUTH AFRICA 12 Days