|Capital City:||Port Louis|
|Continent, geographical location :||Africa.It is located off the southeast coast of the African continent in the southwest Indian Ocean,about 870 kilometres (540 mi) east of Madagascar. In addition to the island of Mauritius, theRepublic includes the islands of Cargados Carajos, Rodrigues and the Agalega Islands. MauritiusIsland is part of the Mascarene Islands, with the French island of Réunion|
|Area :||2040 sq km|
|Official Language:||English & French|
|Religion :||Hindu 48%, Roman Catholic 23.6%, Muslim 16.6%, other Christian 8.6%, other 2.5%, unspecified0.3%, none 0.4%|
|Currency :||Mauritian Rupee (MUR) – ₨|
|Time difference from India :||Mauritius is 1.30 hrs behind India.|
|ISD code :||+ 230 and phone number|
|Government :||Parliamentary republic• Prime Minister: Navinchandra Ramgoolam|
|Independence Day / National Day :||12th March is celebrated as National Day|
|Public Holidays :||• 1 Jan New Year• 20 Jan Thaipoosam Cavadee• 23 Jan Chinese New Year• 1 Feb Abolition of Slavery Day• 20 Feb Maha Shivaratri• 12 Mar National Day• 23 Mar Ougadi• 1 May Labour Day• 19 Aug Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan)• 19 Sept Ganesh Chaturthi• 1 Nov All Saints’ Day• 2 Nov First Labourers’ Day• 13 Nov Diwali (Festival of Lights)
• 25 Dec Christmas Day
Additional holidays may be observed regionally.
|Known for :||Sandy beaches|
|National Landmark :||NA|
|National Airline with Code :||Air Mauritius (MK)|
|National Flower :||NA|
|National Animal / Bird :||DODO|
|Main Trade :||Clothing and textiles, sugar, cut flowers, canned tuna and molasses.|
Custom Rules :
If a passenger is of 16 years of age or over he/she may bring in the following goods, free of customs duty:
• Tobacco (including cigars and cigarettes) not exceeding 250 grammes;
• Spirits not exceeding 1 litre;
• Wine, ale or beer not exceeding 2 litres in all.
• One portable musical instrument;
• One portable sound and/or image recorder;
• One portable radio receiver;
• One portable video camera;
• One camera;
• One cine camera;
• One sporting firearm with not more than 50 cartridges (Police permit is required before importation);
• One non-powered bicycle;
• One windsurfer and up to 3 assorted sails;
• One surf board;
• Fishing equipment but excluding guns of any type.
• Parts thereof
• Soil micro-organism
• Invertebrate animals.
• All animals including animal products require an Import Permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and a Sanitary Certificate from the country of origin. All animals must be declared to the customs authorities immediately on arrival, and landing is allowed only if certificates issued by the veterinary authorities of the exporting country are in conformity with Import Permits. Dogs and cats undergo a six months’ quarantine; birds and other animal/species up to 2 months.
• A plant import permit must be obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture, prior to introducing plants and plant materials including cuttings, flowers, bulbs, fresh fruits, vegetables and seeds. All plants must be declared to Customs immediately on arrival and are subject to examination.
Arrive at Mauritius, proceed to your hotel, Rest of the day at leisure, Overnight in Mauritius.(D).
Mauritius – South Island Tour
Today proceed for a full day South island tour with Chamarel seven coloured earth. Enjoy shopping at Floreal for Ship Models and at factory outlets of popular brands, visit the extinguished volcano of Trou aux Cerfs with its magnificent view, the forest reserve of Plaine Champagne, the Black River National Park, the sacred lake of Grand Bassin and of course the waterfall and the seven-colored earth of Chamarel. Rest day free for leisure. Overnight in Mauritius. (B,D)
Day at leisure to explore Mauritius the way you like it… Overnight in Mauritius. (B,D) Optional Suggestion: You could visit Pamplemousses Garden.
Mauritius – Port Louis City Tour
Proceed for a full day city tour. You will visit the famous Pamplemousses botanical garden famous for its large collection of indigenious and exotic plants, including the giant Victoria Amazonica water lilies and many species of palm trees. The garden is also home to giant tortoises and deers. Later visit the capital – Port Louis, viewpoint of Marie Reine de la Paix and enjoy shopping at the local market and the Caudan Waterfront. Evening free at leisure. Overnight in Mauritius. (B,D)
Mauritius – Ile Aux Surf Island Tour
Today proceed for half day tour to Ile Aux Surf Island. Drive to the east to embark in Trou d’Eau Douce on a speedboat to the famous Robinson Crusoe island Ile aux Cerfs.Discover swimming and snorkeling in the turquoise waters of the lagoon. Overnight in Mauritius (B,D) Optional: water sports activites like – Para sailing, under water sea walk etc.
Day is free for leisure. Overnight at hotel. (B,D) Optional Suggestion: Relax and rejuvenation at the Spa Center. Evening enjoy shopping in the local market.
Proceed to the airport by coach to board flight for hometown with lot of fond memories to cherish for a lifetime! (B)
Price / Inclusion
|PRICE FROM||USD STANDARD||USD FIRST||USD SUPERIOR|
|Adult (Sharing 2)||$ 1199||$ 1260||$ 1340|
|Child with Bed||$ 8900||$ 945||$ 1000|
|Infants 0-23 Months||$ 539||$ 570||$ 600|
|Single Traveler||$ 1555||$ 1640||$ 1740|
|CITY NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME||HOTEL NAME|
|MAURITIUS||JALSA BEACH HOTEL/ LAGUNA BEACH HOTEL/LE PALMISTE OR SIMILAR||THE SANDS/LE MERIDIEN OR SIMILAR||INTERCONTINENTAL/MARITIM/THE RESIDENCE OR SIMILAR|
- 06 Nights Accommodation in selected hotel. Meals: Breakfast (B), Dinner (D)
- Return Airport Transfers on Private vehicle.
- Full day South island Tour with Chamarel Seven Coloured Earth.
- Full day Port Louis & Pamplemousses Garden (entrance fees to Pamplemousses garden not included)
- Full day Ile Aux Cerf island Tour with Speed boat transfer
- All above tours on Private vehicle
- Airfare & airport taxes. Visa and Insurances charges
- Any other meals other than specified above. Any other sightseeing other than mentioned above
- Any entrance fee & excursion tickets not mentioned above.
- Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls etc
- 1USD = INR 52.
- High Season surcharge applicable.
- Driver is NOT A GUIDE, he will take you to the sightseeings mentioned in the itinerary.
- you will have to explore the place of visit on your own
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable.
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- We are not holding any air seats and hotel bookings at this point of time
- Approximate economy class airfare : Ex Mumbai INR 35,000, Ex Delhi INR 36,000, Ex Banglore INR 35,000 on Air Mauritius, Ex Hyderabad INR 50,000,Ex Ahmadabad INR 50,000, Ex Kolkata INR 50,000 on Emirates
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability.
- You can upgrade to an alternate room category, hotels and air bookings by paying an extra cost
- International hotel check in is 1400hrs and checkout would be 1200hrs.
- Early check in and late check out subject to availability.
Itinerary : MARVELOUS MAURITIUS – 07 Days